The Philly Chronicles

This is a way for Dr. Parks to survive in Philly without acute withdrawal from KSU and WEBCT. Posts from the Old World (Atlanta) are welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elkins Park, PA, United States

I'm a psychologist and former professor. I married my college sweetheart at 41--better late than never...! I'm the mom of a very energetic and funny toddler.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

For your amusement...

So I've been having these email conversations daily (like 20/day) with my future mother-in-law, who is in Maine where the wedding will be. Here's is a real quote from a recent email: "Hi, Beth...I wish I was organized like you..." Not kidding, she actually typed this. I said that if she said that to my students they would immediately collapse on the floor laughing. I think that is a fair statement.
That said, we did make an invitation list today. Dan said, based on the amount of time I spend staring at live Panda video from the National and SD Zoos, "we should invite the panda." My guess is we will have a couple extra invites, so I might actually invite "The Little Man" (as another panda fanatic and I call him) and his mama. I bet it would be the little guy's first wedding invite.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...yeah, that almost make me laugh out loud in the middle of class - good job, you almost blew my cover. 0:)

Pandas are awesome.
Have you read _Life of Pi_? It doesn't have pandas, but it is about animals and zoos (fiction, though). It's gotten pretty good reviews.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home