The Philly Chronicles

This is a way for Dr. Parks to survive in Philly without acute withdrawal from KSU and WEBCT. Posts from the Old World (Atlanta) are welcome.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Elkins Park, PA, United States

I'm a psychologist and former professor. I married my college sweetheart at 41--better late than never...! I'm the mom of a very energetic and funny toddler.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Sorry I have been MIA

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Much of the fall has been devoted to being with my mom and dad for my dad's last days. He was an amazing man, and it has been very sad to lose him. I have been glad to be Jewish in this process, since the Jewish tradition really gets it about mourning.

Now I am sort of getting back to real life. And of course back to wedding planning. I had a great shower in Atlanta a week ago, with mad lib vows and toasts and other silliness. I got in a trip to the zoo and way more shopping than I planned, since Delta seems to have permanently lost my bag.

To honor my dad and raise money for a good cause, I am going to do a marathon in May in Vancouver with the Team in Training program. It is a really cool program through the Leukemia Society. If you want to sponsor me, you can do that on my TOT webpage.

Let me know what is up in Atlanta! Keep in touch!

Dr. P.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you "back". I was very worried about you. I have been wondering how you were doing since your father passed. Please post some more about your dad on your blog. Maybe even some more details about wedding plans. Honeymoon?
Amazing how much I missed "talking" to you,
Lisa

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. It's awesome that you are running and raising money (and awareness) in his honor.

That page about Jewish grieving is interesting...sounds like a good approach.

It seems like other stuff is going well though - and the big day is coming up soon :)

Take care, and keep us updated...we miss you!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. P...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding planning tool I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning tool. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding planning tool.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. P...Wow! While I was searching for info on wedding planning ontario canada I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning ontario canada. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wedding planning ontario canada.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Hanukkah!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. P, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on wedding planning ontario canada when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning ontario canada. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wedding planning ontario canada at the site above.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home